2/06/2016

My Creative Process

Hello! 
This week I'm back to share my 'Creative Process' with you guys. I realized I haven't shared any of my creative processes in a while, so I decide to share some work-in-profess photos of my latest illustration - Woodland Girl.


This is not intended as a how-to by any means and I'm not describing every step in detail, but I hope it will still provide some value to you.



The backstory: 
This is a hand-drawn illustration, it's one my Little Curly (eco-friendly girl) collections. The concept of this is portraying the scene of harmony and serenity in the woods with warm, natural light colour,telling the story of the Woodland Girl. She feels deeply upset when she sees so many of the trees cut down by humans and  that people are destroying beautiful Mother Nature! Our Earth!
Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry


People always ask, "Where do you get your inspiration?"  Hmmmmmm! My "inspiration" comes from: daydreaming, my crazy imagination, people watching, my cat-Summer, small plant sit next to my window... etc. 

Inspiration Can Hit You At Any Time. 
It's every little things and it's everywhere! 



Here is my Creative Process from start >> inspiration >> develop an idea >> sketches >> refined sketches >> the finish. 


>> Inspiration : 
It's sad to see lots of Christmas trees be throw out after the festivals, this doesn't make sense to me that why we (human) cut all these beautiful tree? How beautiful if we see them 'still live' in the wood? 


>> Ideas and Story :

Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry
I wrote down ideas that how I felt and what I'd like to say to people in my sketches book.


>> Preliminary sketches :

Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry


Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry



>> Development sketches :








>> Large final sketches :

Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry

Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry



>> Colouring :

Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry


Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry

Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry


Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry


Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry



>> Final piece : 

Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry


Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry


Little Curly (the eco-friendly girl) by Ella Parry